Wednesday 27 March 2013

Envious friends killed my son – Slain undergraduate’s father

Envious friends killed my son – Slain undergraduate’s father

Adeolu Otenaike
Mr. Boye Otenaike, the father of the undergraduate who was killed in Mushin, Lagos State last week, has described his son’s murder as the handiwork of envious youths.
The deceased, Adeolu, was a 400 Level student of North American University, Houdegbe, Benin Republic.
He was out with friends celebrating the purchase of a Honda car when he was killed by suspected cultists.
Boye, who was close to tears, said he was pained because all his efforts towards the progress of his son were in vain.
He said, “I have five children and Adeolu was my second child. I believe in giving my children quality education that was why I sent Adeolu to study Business Administration outside the country even though the school fees is very expensive.
“Even my other child is in Ghana because I believe in spending money on securing a bright future for my children.”
Asked if his son was involved in cult activities or with people of shady character, Boye said, “My son was not a cultist. I trained him very well. He was killed by some youths in the area that were envious of him because he attended a good school and had just bought a new car.
“He only came home for the Easter break. They killed him when he was about to graduate. It is very painful.”
Boye, who is still recovering from a minor stroke, expressed disappointment in the manner with which the police were carrying out their investigations.
Boye claimed that the police knew those behind his son’s murder but went about arresting innocent people.
He said, “The police know about this case very well. They know where the murder took place which is beneath the bridge at Jibowu. But instead of them arresting the people there, they have been arresting people on our street.
“The police should arrest those behind Adeolu’s death, they are youths in Mushin and they (police) know them. Although nothing can bring my son back to life, I want justice for him.”
It was learnt that 26-year-old Adeolu had been buried at Matori Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment